Absentee Voting in Person:
Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (we do not close for lunch).
We are also open the following Saturdays from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm: July 21, July 28 and August 4, 2018.
Residents of Kansas City go to https://www.kceb.org.
- For absentee I.D. requirements contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact:
JCEB Offices – 215 N. Liberty, Independence, MO 64050 | (816) 325-4600
Absentee Voting by Mail:
Overseas Citizens and Military – Click HERE for special instructions.
In order to receive an absentee ballot by mail you MUST send in a written request. Exceptions:
- A parent may request a ballot be mailed to their child or vice versa but the request is required to be made in person at our office
- A person may request a ballot be mailed to their spouse but the request is required to be made in person at our office
- Requests for an absentee ballot by mail must be received in our office no later than 5:00 pm on Wednesday prior to the election in order to mail out a ballot.
Requests for the August 7, 2018 Primary Election must be received on or before Wednesday, August 1, 2018.
If a request for absentee ballot is received after 5:00 pm on the Wednesday prior to the election, regardless of when it was mailed, a ballot will NOT be forth coming.
- Click HERE to print the Application for Absentee Ballot. The following items must be on your written request in order to receive a ballot by mail.
- Printed Name as Registered
- Registered Address
- Mailing Address (If different)
- Reason for needing an Absentee Ballot
- Phone Number, Birth Date, and last 4 digits of Social Security #
- Signature (It must be signed)
- Once you receive and vote your ballot it will need to be notarized before you mail it back in order for it to be counted.