In order to be eligible to vote you must be registered at your CURRENT HOME ADDRESS by the fourth Wednesday prior to the election in which you wish to vote.
Registration does NOT follow you when you move, you must make the effort to notify the election authority of your change of address.
- For residents in Jackson County outside of the City of Kansas City, you may register in person at our office at 215 N. Liberty, Independence, MO 64050 or any one of the authorized locations in this jurisdiction – click here.
- Or, print and complete the Missouri Voter Registration Application form. Deliver it in person to our office at 215 N. Liberty, Independence, MO 64050, or mail it to: Jackson County Election Board, P.O. Box 296, Independence, MO 64051.
- You must be 17.5 years of age to register, 18 years old to vote
- You must be a U.S. Citizen
- Resident of Jackson County excluding the city of Kansas City
- If you have prior felony conviction, you must be off parole or probation
- You must not be adjudged incapacitated
- Forms of Identification (Must be current)
- Drivers License (your drivers license from Missouri or another state, but you must be a resident of Missouri)
- Birth Certificate
- Missouri ID
- Native American Tribal Document
- Proof of United States Citizenship
Transfer of Registration
- When you move from one county or voting jurisdiction to another county or voting jurisdiction you MUST RE-REGISTER to vote.
- Residents of Jackson County that move to or from the city of Kansas City MUST RE-REGISTER to vote in their new jurisdiction. For residents moving to Kansas City, please contact the Kansas City Election Board at: (816) 842-4820 or https://www.kceb.org. For residents moving from Kansas City to our jurisdiction, please follow the procedures for new registrations (above).
- If you are moving within our jurisdiction, ie: Grandview to Independence or Levasy to Raytown or within the same city in eastern Jackson County, you may fill out an address change form.
- Click here for the Name and Address Change Form. Print and complete this form, then deliver it in person to our office at 215 N. Liberty, Independence, MO 64050, or mail it to: Jackson County Election Board, P.O. Box 296, Independence, MO 64051, or fax it to: (816) 325-4609.